Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Real Life Conversations with T: Failure to Plan edition

The backstory:  A few weeks ago, T and I were at Wegmans, piling groceries in the cart according to my carefully constructed list when she suggested that I get a bag of cat food.  "No need," I said, "I'll be back here on Friday."  She gallantly tried again but I deferred, convinced that I wouldn't need kibble before a return engagement at the market.  The following weekend (wait for it), I ran out of kitty kibble on Easter Sunday and fretted about it all day while I was at T's house.  Later that night I drove home and then we spoke on the phone.

Me: I stopped at Rite Aid on the way home and bought some over-priced kitty kibble.

T:  Oh yeah?  Too bad those cats don't eat in a regular, predictable way.

And that comment was uttered in the dry, sarcastic fashion that I find so damned charming.

No comments: