Friday, March 22, 2013

Food Friday: Carne Asada

It's been quite a while since I posted a Food Friday recipe and this year I want to get more recipes up on line.  My reasons are mostly practical ----- if I post a recipe (or a link to a recipe) on my blog, it's easier for me to find when I want to make it again.

This week's post is not a recipe of my own making.  But it comes from Simply Recipes and it tastes like home because it's Mexican food.  I make a whole lot of Mexican food (tortillas are a staple like bread at my house) and though beef doesn't make regular appearances at my table, when a craving for beef strikes, this recipe for carne asada is the way to go.  I served it with homemade refritos, Spanish rice, and a corn and black bean salsa that has become a real staple at my house.
Yummy!

1 comment:

Nichole said...

YES. Mexican food night is my favorite food night here at Vescapades. It sure makes a lot of dishes, though.