Wednesday, October 07, 2015

Embracing October



The September weather was so pleasantly warm that I decided to leave the front porch decked out in its summer finery.  But October has most certainly arrived.  The air conditioning is off, nights are cool, Halloween is on the horizon and it’s time for some fall colors on the front porch.  On the last weekend in September, T bought me some pumpkins.  This past weekend, I got some mums.  JT helped me to swap out the plants and the flag.  Saying goodbye to these lovely double begonias wasn’t easy, so they went to the back deck to soak up the last of the sun.


The front porch table has my vintage Halloween tablecloth and a collection of Halloween decorations.


I really love the little pumpkin add-ons that I scored from Plow and Hearth.  Up close, they are charming.


There’s a Halloween flag and a sign that suggests trouble behind the front door.



I've hung a string of cafe lights and set a timer to to turn them on.  Now they will welcome us if the sun sets before we get home.

  
It’s all come together quite nicely, I think.  I may even find a few warm days for sitting outside.


After all, there's room for a book and a warm mug of tea on that table by the rocking chair.


No comments: