Friday, November 13, 2015

Morning Coffee

Each evening before I take to my bed, I make sure my coffee service is set up for the next day.  I grind coffee beans and prepare the coffee pot, which has a handy automatic timer.  I set out a coffee cup and creamer for the next morning.  Everything is arranged so that when I come downstairs in the early dawn the smell of fresh-brewed coffee fills the kitchen.  I have favorite coffee mugs and an assortment of creamers that make my morning welcoming.



Some mugs serve coffee all year; some are set out seasonally.  The collection shown here are the mugs I use in the Fall and Winter.  Some are many years old and have made the journey with me from Tennessee to Nebraska and now New Jersey.


Some are handmade.


Sometimes I want my coffee cup and creamer to match, as if Martha Stewart was in the kitchen (she’d judge, as well she should).


Some are recent acquisitions that make me smile, though I’m well aware that I’ve no more space 
(or need!) for coffee mugs.


All of them make my morning brighter.  That’s happy!

1 comment:

Nichole said...

Just catching up on your blog, and BAM I see the creamer we sent you. It made me smile and long for a trip east.