Saturday, December 12, 2015

Holiday Spirit

There is one more week of classes remaining before our two week Winter Break begins.  With five more days of busy, excited school days to complete, those two weeks of blissful holiday relaxation so close at hand are a tempting mark on my calendar.  I am so looking forward to time off and some less-scheduled days.

This past week, I’ve been working each evening to get things ready for the holidays. First and foremost,  I’ve been getting ready for my annual cookie day tradition.  Each day last week, I came home and made a new batch of cookies.  By Wednesday, I had 10 dozen cookies in the hopper.  Each morning, I would plan the batch to be baked that evening.   Between baking, I’d wrap a present, organize treats for our workplace Secret Santa exchange, and finish all the other daily chores that ensure my household hums.  I’m not complaining about this; my evenings were busy with the sort of happy activities that make my life rich.


At the end of each night of preparation, I’d take a few moments to sit by the Christmas tree and enjoy the quiet and the lights, the luxury of a warm home and the comfy bed that awaits me.  It’s not lost on me that these blessings are lovely; that they feel infinite is perhaps the biggest blessing of all.


1 comment:

Unknown said...



Creativity makes life interesting,so eat the life witt Chanel handbags
the play will have the presence of creative, but also because more ideas to make your eyes stay, as set thousands of pet in a Prada handbags woman is no exception, there is creativity should be more daring, not to the big top luxury and itself, is a woman who is worth your favoriteBalenciaga Handbagsstyle is certainly the purpose of creative resurrection woman's eye, just like the model's dress fashion show,especially Fake Mulberry Handbag portable Mulberry fashion bag.Everyone loves Rolex Watches,I'll observe elements currently have Breitling Watches hasten plus I'll consider the best way very lazy incidents ended up being through 500 centuries past.