Friday, December 25, 2015

Merry Christmas!

Santa made a visit to our house last night and left his presents just where the boy expected them.


One of the things I most enjoy about the holidays is these little traditions; ones that still feel special long after my little boy has grown taller than me.  I enjoy all the secret planning and I love cooking special holiday meals.   Something about the holidays says cheese ball to me, and I happily stir one together for Christmas Eve, when we have snacks and appetizers.


For our Christmas supper, we had baked ham, roasted brussels sprouts, roasted parsnips with horseradish butter, potatoes romanoff, and fresh-baked rolls.


We’ve called our family, played some games, colored in our new coloring books, and enjoyed a quiet day.  I made Christmas supper wearing short sleeves and flip flops, but, native Californian that I am, that feels festive instead of a sign that end times are hand.  Merry Christmas, y’all!

No comments: