Monday, April 25, 2016

Civilized Mornings


One of my most cherished habits is my morning coffee.  I grind beans the night before and set my coffee pot on a timer so that fresh-brewed coffee awaits me when I come downstairs in the morning.  I get up early each day to allow time for a leisurely cup or two of coffee.  During the school year, I use the time to get started on the day’s work, while I drink coffee and eat my breakfast.

Each evening, I set up the morning’s mug and creamer.  When I come downstairs, things are ready for me and it feels like a treat.  It’s an easily organized treat that makes my morning pleasing.  It helps me to sustain a quiet space at the start of my day.  Between work and JT’s sports seasons, that day may very well last 12 hours.  I feel civilized when I start my day this way.  That’s happy!

No comments: