Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Front Porch in September

There is a new flag for the front porch in September.  T gave it to me for Christmas and I set it out just as school began so that it could welcome me home each day.


The table is also ready for the month, with my wooden village to greet me.


By September, my Summer plants are starting to feel weary and look a bit ragged; their peak has passed.  But the weather is warm and even half-hearted flowers are blooms to enjoy.



The potted plants have nearly completed their Summer growth and are just a few weeks from heading indoors for the cold weather that lies ahead.  Now that classes have begun, I’m up at 5:30 am and the porch is often too dark (and sometimes too chilly) to sit outside.  But I grab time whenever I can because being out here feeds my soul, reminds me to live in the moment, and makes me happy.

No comments: