Friday, September 01, 2017

Old Man Tree: September 1


I know that calendar doesn’t close out Summer until later this month, but something about the arrival of September 1 spells Fall to me.  Part of that is the fact that school is about to begin and everything changes when school starts.  Part of the feeling is that an unseasonably  cool weather pattern has settled upon us for the last two weeks.  We’ve enjoyed days in the 70s and nights in the 50s.  When I poured my first cup of coffee this morning, it was 54 degrees.  There is just the beginning of a golden hue to the leaves as Old Man Tree prepares for the coming changes.  



We’ve had plenty of rain with this patch of cool weather and the Fall leaf display will likely be quite splendid.  I never tire of the beautiful woods around here and I look forward to the coming show.  Until then, I’m hoping for more days to sit outside on the back deck, enjoying the back yard.  Time outside is a lovely tonic in all seasons, but especially once school begins.


No comments: