Monday, July 02, 2018

Front Porch in July


My front porch is patriotic and decked out in red, white, and blue for the month of July.  It's starts with a wreath a friend of mine made.


I’ve been so frustrated and disappointed in my government of late that I considered taking a pass on a patriotic display.  But this is my nation, too.  And I am a patriot.  I’m a patriotic who believes that a nation of immigrants should have open doors for other immigrants and their families.  I’m a patriot who believes that equal justice for all means just that, all of us.  I believe that looking after the vulnerable makes us stronger and better.   I believe that liberty is more than a word, it’s pledge and promise we must maintain for everyone, not just those who are born here.  So I will celebrate the best of my nation with red, white, and blue on my front porch.  



I will relax here and enjoy the tranquility with my book, cold drinks, and iced tea.  And I won’t cede a bit of space to those who won’t bring tolerance and kindness to the celebration of our independence.  



No comments: