Friday, July 13, 2018

Garden Update


Each year I spend June getting my garden mulched and ready for the long hot summer.  This year, June was filled with graduation, family visits, and celebrations.  By the time I stopped to take a breathe, July had arrived.  JT went off to Miami with A and her family and my plan was to work in the garden and mulch while he was away.  Then a heatwave arrived and my a/c offered its resignation.

I am not a heat tolerant person in the best of circumstances and while I usually permit my willpower to overcome my good sense, on this occasion I yielded to reality.  Rather than head outside to mulch the garden in the heat, I weeded and watered it and decided that this would be the year I wouldn’t put in the long hot hours needed to mulch.  Between my weeding and watering, the garden is holding its own.  Tomato plants have blooms and green tomatoes.  Zinnia flowers have bloomed; more are on their way.



The pear tree has pears.


Some of the peaches haven’t been eaten by squirrels.


July has been sunny and hot.  We could use some rainstorms but I run the sprinkler as needed. There is plenty of green in the yard; enough to encourage each evening’s display of fireflies.



That’s happy!

No comments: