Thursday, July 26, 2018

Reading Frenzy


During the school year, I get up crazy early and my morning coffee is served with a generous helping of work e-mail.  This helps me get ahead of the curve during the work day and, since I’m at my computer anyway, I often post to my blog in the morning.

During the summer, I don’t read work e-mail until I actually get to work.  Instead, my morning coffee is served on the front porch where I sit and read.  I read 3-4 books a month during the school year but in the summer, I have time to read for hours and I do.  This month, I’m averaging a book every 3-4 days and I realize that though I am writing I don’t seem to post as often, likely because I choose a book and my front porch when I have a spare moment.

Between the coming departure of JT, recent adventures with T, my garden, and the current political disasters, there’s plenty on my mind and many posts are half-started.  But then my book stack calls my name and I fall into its spell.  There are worse vices, I suppose.

No comments: