Sunday, November 25, 2018

Fall Chores


In my town, September signals the start fall clean up.  The town distributes large paper bags for us to collect our leaves.  Each week after that, a big trick rolls around and collects the leaf bags for mulching.  Many of my neighbors start leaf collection as soon as leaves begin to fall in October.  I suspect this is because they are overly fond of the leaf blowers they have on hand.  I am in no hurry to start the chore and wait until November to get after it.  By then, the leaves on my trees have all fallen.


Yesterday was the appointed day and T and I set out with our leaf bags, the rake, out leaf-grabbing hands, and an ingenious new device to keep the paper collection bags open.  


We collected the leaves in the drive way and front curb.   I mulch most of the back yard leaves into the garden for poor man’s fertilizer and there is no hurry to get after that chore.  Our leaf bag tool worked like a charm and in a few hours we had filled 14 leaf bags for the town to collect.



The driveway looks a lot neater now.


After the job was done, I rewarded myself by planting tulip bulbs in various flower beds.  They will bloom in the Spring, a nice treat to contemplate.  That’s happy!



No comments: