Thursday, November 01, 2018

November 1: Garden Hostas


Garden hostas look good until they don’t and we’ve had enough frost in the past few weeks to end their season.


The leaves that remain will race to soak up the sunlight before they decompose in the frost and cold.  In this fashion the plants get set up for next year’s growing season.  


Fall has been lovely so far and we’re smack dab in the peak season right now.  Seasonal change outdoors is a reminder for me to pause.  I’ll use the coming cold weather to curl up under a warm blanket and rest.  I’ve brought all my plants inside and have fairy lights and candles for the dark nights that are coming.


Of course I’ll have garden catalogs and plans for the next growing season to make.  I’m thinking about planting some more hostas alongside the house and I’ve bulbs to plant for Spring blooms.  For me, this is the real beauty of living in a place with all four seasons.  Each is lovely on it’s own, with reminders of blessings received and blessings forthcoming.  

No comments: