Thursday, November 08, 2018

Throwback Year 12


Looking back, the age of 12 saw a big transition for my boy.  There were braces to start things off.


By the end of the year, JT had sorted out the truth about Santa and learned to enjoy Christmas without that particular bit of magic.


There was a lot of change in the year that JT was 12; the move from 6th to 7th grade is a bigger change than just one year and one grade and all of that was evident the year my boy turned 12.  That fall, 7th grade health class required a weekend with Baby-Think-It-Over, an experience that found our boy being thoughtful.


The year included many of the adventures that reminded me that there was still a lot of little boy to be found.






Year 12 also marks the first time JT wore a school jersey and ran for a team.  Seen here at the starting line, jawing at his coach, he's the boy I know and love.


His first sport was cross country and that’s the sport that motivates him today.  Age 12 is not the first time I saw that running made JT happy, though it is the point I realized how much running could mean to him.  Six years flies by when it's spent running.


No comments: