Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Grateful


Some years ago, a sump pump was installed in my basement.  Before that pump went in, basement water was a semi-regular feature of Spring life around here.  Since the pump, basement water is pumped on out to the street, thus saving me from a whole lot of anxiety.

The fool in the White House doesn’t see it, but climate change has brought greater extremes to New Jersey.  One of those extremes has been more precipitation.  My corner of New Jersey has had nearly ten inches of rain in November.  Four inches fell in six hours on Saturday; another inch fell yesterday afternoon.  The basement pump is getting after it and every 30 minutes or so I hear it come on and do its job.  When I hear the sound a chorus of gratitude echos in my mind.

Thank you little sump pump.  Thank you.

No comments: