Friday, November 09, 2018

November Front Porch


Last Sunday afternoon, when I set swapped the flag and set out the November decor, the weather was just warm enough for me to sit outside after the job was complete.  The time change had the sun at just the right angle for it to warm me as I sat in the rocking chair.


This is the time of year when I say goodbye to lengthy afternoons on the porch.  I’m sad to see such days pass, though I realize they are sweeter because they don’t occupy in every month of the year.  I’m thankful for them while they last.  The November front porch has a thankful theme.  There are bright mums and pumpkins to celebrate the Fall.


Fairy lights on the lantern and around the mums brighten the nights even as they grow longer.  The flag welcomes Thanksgiving.


The wreath says welcome home.


Fall leaves will sweep across this porch all month long and I’ll enjoy the rustle they make.  Happy November, y’all!



No comments: