Saturday, August 03, 2019

August Front Porch



As is often the case in August, a few of my plants are looking tired.  I’ve made a mental note to stay away from the New Guinea impatiens.  They are heat tolerant and look beautiful in May and June but by July and August, they are weary and I get less flowers.  I am here for the flowers, so New Guinea impatiens will be voted off the porch for next summer.


The regular old non-fancy impatiens, on the other hand, are bringing it.  They may stay as long as they like.  


The arrival of August is a reminder to get after all my favorite summer treats before September comes and ruins all the fun.  So the popsicle flag is back because popsicles and summer are the perfect combination.  Not coincidentally, there are popsicles in the freezer at Sassafras House.  


The front door wreath is my old favorite.


I sit out here every morning and, as often as possible, in the afternoon as well.  I try to come out here to enjoy summer storms.  August demands that a girl slip in all the summer things she most enjoys and so I am using my time wisely to do just that.  There is still some summer left to enjoy and I plan to do just that.



No comments: