Sunday, August 18, 2019

College Drop Off


Yesterday, T and I unloaded our car into JT’s Sophomore dorm. He did most of the work and consented to letting me make his bed, the sort of thing a mama like me feels happy about.




He’s there for two weeks of pre-season training for Cross Country; classes don’t start until after Labor Day.  It was much easier than last year’s drop off, though of course I burst into tears at the last minute and, unusually, was embarrassed by this development.  I’m a crier and have long ago made my peace with that fact so it’s unusual for me to fear crying in public.  I suppose it’s that I know there is nothing to be sad about.  He’s ready to return, and very excited about the coming Cross Country season, classes, his friends at school….all of it.  He has his routines and this year’s dorm is nicer than last year’s lodgings, with a lovely view over the lake.


We’ll see him at the end of September for a race and the text messages will flow.  I know he is in the right place and I’m so grateful for that blessing.  T and I head south this morning, grateful for a life together.  That’s happy!

No comments: