Saturday, January 26, 2008

Cabin Girl

Thursday was crazy hat day in the lower school and after much debate, JT settled on a fancy pirate hat. All that velvet and gold could only signal one thing: he is the captain of the SS Sassafras. And that means that I am the Cabin Girl, as he promptly announced when he put on the hat.

"Hop to it, Cabin Girl," he ordered me, "and get me my breakfast."

I complied with the orders and then another job was thrown my way. "My ship is moving around too much and I had a bad aim in the bathroom," the Captain announced, "you'll need to swab the deck in here."

"Cook the breakfast and swab the decks?" I complained, "I don't want to be the cabin girl anymore."

"At least you have a job," the Captain responded.

Geez, now that I think about it, the Captain must be a Republican.

No comments: