Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Real Life Conversations with JT: Faux Pas edition

The backstory: Today, I joined JT's class and several other 2nd grade parents for a baby shower for Mrs. Q (who expects to deliver a baby any minute now). When I left the party, I went over to the table where JT was sitting with several of his buddies. In an unguarded moment, I committed a parental sin: I kissed him on the head in front of his pals. To his credit, JT flinched only a little. I quickly covered up my inappropriate actions by then kissing every boy within reach. M and D couldn't escape me and got a kiss. A few others hopped out of reach while shouting "cooties." Tonight, as I was tucking him in bed, I kissed JT on the head and he looked at me askance.

Mama: Sorry about that kiss in front of your buddies today. I didn't mean to embarrass you.

JT: It was okay, but don't do it again.

Mama: Even if I kiss all the little boys in your class?

JT: Do that, and you'll have an angry mob on your tail.

I've been warned.

2 comments:

Shark Butt said...

It was really quite sporting of him to warn you of the possibility of the angry mob.

JAXTER said...

Nice recovery though!! Kissing every boy in sight has always been a great way to cover one's tracks - not that I would know or anything.