Monday, February 18, 2008

Day 18: Home Style

For months now, I have been talking about getting a cabinet for my dining room to store homework supplies, plug in my laptop each night, and otherwise hide crap in a neat and easy fashion. Today, my mom and I went out looking and finally settled on the right cabinet. I bought some new knobs to fix it up and tomorrow I will clean it up and get it organized. I feel tidier just thinking about it.

I also went to www.flor.com website and ordered up 6 samples for the rug I want to get for my living room. I've been intrigued by flor for a while now. The carpets are module and so they can be moved and re-arranged (and cleaned!) with ease. Plus, they're all environmentally friendly, which is also pretty darn happy. My samples will wing their way to me in 72 hours and within the week I will have decided on a carpet for the living room.

On top of it all, I made a first-class supper for the family: garlic chicken cutlets, roasted brussells sprouts, garlic-smashed potatoes, and homemade biscuits.

Martha Stewart's got nothin' on me.

1 comment:

Shark Butt said...

Martha Stewart's got nothing on you is right. Well, except for that pesky conviction.