Friday, May 08, 2009

Real Life Conversations with JT: Subliminal Message edition

The backstory:. With the arrival of spring, JT has grown accustomed to a few after-school bike rides each week. But not this week, which has been rainy and wet. When the sun came out around 6:00 pm last night, he shot outside to play. Within a few minutes, he came inside and circled around me.

JT: Mama, can I ask you a question?

Mama: Sure.

JT: When do you think we'll be able to go bike riding again?

Mama (a woman who can take a hint): Would you like to go for a bike ride right now?

JT (restraining his enthusiasm, so as to convince me that this was all my idea in the first place): Yes.

And so we took a ride in the fading twilight and admired everyone's very green gardens. And just in case I haven't said it enough: I highly recommend that everyone go out and get themselves a 9 year old boy.

No comments: