Saturday, May 30, 2009

Saturday, May 30: This Week in Supper

Yesterday was the end of classes for me and so this past week was plenty busy. But I still managed to do some cooking.

Monday was Memorial Day and that can only mean one thing: cook-out. A friend came over and I grilled veggies and Halloumi (more on that soon) and made cream-cheese bacon-wrapped jalopeno poppers from this recipe. Yummy.
On Tuesday, I tried out a panini sandwich I dreamed up: sharp cheddar, deli ham, and grilled red onion. I served it with a green salad and sliced strawberries and bananas. Winning combination, that. It will be making another appearance soon.
On Thursday, I made some guacamole (there had been complaints from the inmate who felt deprived of guacamole). JT enjoyed guacamole tacos while I ate a tostada with refried beans and saffron rice.
On Friday, I fell for that well-known boy plot: take me to Subway, please, Mama. Judge me if you must, but I'd had a long week.

2 comments:

Shark Butt said...

Looks right tasty!

Nichole said...

Judge you for going to Subway?? Never. We used to go to Runza at least once a week when Colby was gone. No cooking, no dishes, no nutritional value, etc. . .

Those jalepenos look awesome. Cream cheese and bacon should be food groups of their own.