Thursday, August 11, 2011

Yosemite

Among my most cherished childhood memories are the times my parents brought my sister and me to Yosemite.  I grew up in a town less than two hours from the gate to the park entrance; we visited often.  We came to the park so often that view from the first lookout after the tunnel on Highway 41 is forever in my memory.   And the smell of Yosemite is as familiar today as it was when I was a little girl.  Even so, it was nice to see that the view (albeit a bit hazy from a controlled burn in the park) is as timeless as ever.
Yosemite was on my agenda for this year's trip to California.  I hadn't been in years; JT had never seen the park. So Monday, KO loaded up the fun bus with a picnic and we set off on a family trip.  After years of some very dry summers,  this August the forest remains lush and the waterfalls are still impressive.
Here is an up close shot of Bridalveil Falls.  We could feel the mist from the falls on our face as we walked up to the base of the falls. 
Pictured here is Yosemite Falls, the tallest waterfall in the United States.
My sister got married in the chapel below. 
The view from the front step of the chapel is amazing.
I've made countless pictures in the park, but none are as pleasing to me as this photo of JT, his cousins, and the folks who introduced me to Yosemite so many years ago.

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Fantastic photos! Thanks for taking them & sharing them...