Wednesday, May 02, 2012

In the Woods

Some of the prettiest sites at the Bowman's Hill Wildflower Preserve weren't flowers at all, they were trees.  When I lived in Nashville, red bud trees were everywhere.  Around here, they are less common.  But there's one in the corner of these pictures.
I checked out another up close and personal.
There was an iron tree (T recognized it from pictures she'd seen in books...that was happy).
What remains of this tree has clearly been put to work on behalf of the woodpecker population in the forest.
I could look all day at views like this.
And I wouldn't mind a little cabin in the woods with a view like this one.
I keep coming back to the dozens of pictures I made at Bowman's Hill.  They're a daydreamy respite from the crazy pace of the last month of school.

No comments: