Thursday, November 08, 2012

Adding Insult to Injury

Yesterday's restored power found me happily back to my household routines.  I drank my morning coffee brewed in my magical electric coffee pot,  I went to the market for some fresh food (milk, fresh veggies and deli, oh my!), ran the dishwasher, washed clothes, took some of the heavy bedding off our beds, vacuumed, and cleaned things up.  I thought about putting my candles and flashlights away but refrained, mindful of the Nor'easter headed our way.

Turns out that was a wise choice.  The snow was falling by mid-day and JT headed out to play.  He was delighted by this turn of events because he loves to play in the snow.  I was worried.
As the evening came on, the snow kept falling, and the winds picked up.  Another piece of trim blew off my house.  Our lights flickered around 7 pm and then at 8:30, everything went dark.  It would be fair to say that I rather lost my mind at that point.  We took to our beds and I let despair lull me to sleep.  Around 1:30 am I was awakened by the brightness of the hallway light.  At first, I thought it was just a dream.  Then I sat up and realized that it was a dream come true.  The lights were back and my house never even had time to get cold again.  I shot downstairs to check out my neighborhood's glowing porch lights and plug in JT's iPad.  Then I returned to bed with a most happy heart.

This morning the winds are gone and the sun is already melting our fresh snow.  I can afford to be cheerful.  Mother Nature, if you are reading, I get it.  You can count on my support in this whole global warming debate.




No comments: