Sunday, August 04, 2013

Big City Farmer's Market

I love a farmer's market, not only for the prospects of lovely produce but also for the photos I can make of the fruits, veggies, and flowers.  On Thursday, my sister and I ditched our kids with their grandmother (she took them to Alcatraz…hopefully, not a harbinger of their future) and then KO and I strolled the Ferry Building Marketplace in San Francisco.  I hadn't been to the city for years and all the waiting must have paid off.  It was a beautiful day.
There are actual photos of me, an elusive creature who should know better than to stand next to her beautiful and photogenic sister.
There was yummy Mexican food for lunch.
And then there was produce; beautiful, freshly grown, California produce.  We were in San Francisco, mind you, so it was organic produce fertilized with the tears of aging hippies.  There were dahlias of the sort I dream of harvesting some day (pro-tip: I may need to plant more than 4 bulbs for a crop such as this).
Tomatoes a-plenty.
These peppers were simply glorious.
Lovely squash and potatoes.
And then some strawberries for dessert.
That's happy!


1 comment:

Shark Butt said...

Lol @ organic produce fertilized with the tears of aging hippies.