Friday, August 30, 2013

Food Friday: The Final Icebox Pie

When I promised icebox pie recipes for every Friday in August, I hadn't anticipated how often I would screw up my pies.  But that is exactly what I did.  Lemonade pie turned out best and my mom made that one.  Sigh.

We ate my failures and that included my final pie, a tribute to the Baskin Robbins jamocha fudge flavor.  This pie has coffee and chocolate, two of my favorite things.

The Ingredients
- a gallon of coffee or espresso chip ice cream, softened
- 2 cups whip cream
- jar of chocolate fudge sauce
-  1/4 cup sliced almonds
- chocolate crust (or homemade crust)

Place the softened ice cream in the crust and place in the freezer for at least 6 hours.  
Then spread slightly warmed fudge on top.
Note that I screwed that up again.  Freeze again and serve each slice with sliced almonds and a dollop of whip cream and a cherry on top.
Still want to make some icebox pies?  Internet, I let you down in August but other folks are making a success of icebox pies.  You should try these Southern Living recipes, which look awesome.

No comments: