Wednesday, September 11, 2013

This One is for Grandpa Bud

Over Labor Day weekend, T and I went to a local car show.  We both like old cars and there were rows and rows of refurbished cars for us to admire.  I made dozens of pictures, especially of logos on the cars.  If you ask me, these old-school logos are designed with some style to spare.
I found the Ford logos particularly charming because they remind me of my mechanic Grandfather, a man called Bud.  He taught me how to drive a stick shift and loved cars.
Until the awesome gas milage and mechanic ease of Hondas Civics lured him away, Grandpa Bud was a Ford man.
I believe that the last Ford he owned was a Gran Torino, a car best described as a steel beast.  I didn't see any of those were at the car show, but there were plenty of other Fords to admire.
I wouldn't mind driving an old Mustang with a logo like like this (and, as I recall, my mother did so when I was a kid).
Just the thought of it makes me want to throw a fast car in gear and take it for a ride.  Grandpa Bud would understand.

No comments: