Tuesday, January 12, 2016

A Birthday Wish

Today is my sister’s birthday.  I’ve surprisingly few recent photos of her, given that she loves to have her picture made (and, fittingly, is the most photogenic person I know).    Instead, I offer a memory from our childhood.

KO is my younger sister and, as such, fell victim to my idea of fun.  I loved to play with dolls and can remember endless weekends of pretending as if our bedrooms were apartments where we were raising girl baby dolls.  In hindsight, for apparently single moms living in small places, we had surprisingly large families.  These days, we live on separate coasts and we are moms, with surprisingly large boy children.  It is one of the greatest pleasures of my adult life that these three boys like one another so much.  I like to think of it as the lucky consequence of the fact that I have the best sister ever.


Happy Birthday, KO!

1 comment:

msprimadonna67 said...

Happy birthday, K!