Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Kitchen Must-Have: Stick Immersion Blender

The other day I was making split pea soup and when I got out the stick immersion blender I use to puree the soup I thought about how useful this little implement turned out to be.  That got me thinking about other items in my kitchen that aren’t necessarily required kitchen tools but are so useful that I can’t imagine cooking without them.  For 2016, I plan to profile one of these items each month; they are my kitchen must-haves.  Whenever possible, I’ll include links to the item.  Links are not affiliated; they are just for convenience in case y’all want the item.

First up: the stick immersion blender, the tool that inspired this series.  Mine was a Christmas gift from my parents a few years back.  It came from Sur La Table.  I use it for all manner of soups that need to be made smooth, like this split pea soup that first got me thinking about the tool.  


About once a month, I make homemade salsa and the stick blender makes that process easy-peasy.



Smoothies with ice cubes come together in just a a minute or two, thanks to the powerful motor and sharp blades.  In 30 seconds, you can have a milkshake, should an emergency milkshake be required.  Creamy homemade salad dressings are also quick work with this blender.  Clean-up is simple: the stick detaches and the working end goes on the top rack of the dishwasher.  I have a small kitchen and the stick blender stores easily.  I couldn’t live without it!

1 comment:

Best hand blender said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.