Wednesday, April 05, 2017

April Front Porch

Around here, mild Winters can sometimes result in a slow arriving Spring, as has been the case for the last few years.  A big snowstorm in March, just days before the official arrival of Spring, had me nervous that this year would follow the same routine and that Spring would arrive in an agonizingly slow fashion.  

In mid-March, our Spring Break was rather cold and we’ve had a great deal of rain since then but it’s been accompanied by some sunny days in the 50s and 60s.  This week’s forecast looks quite promising for more of the mild sunlight that will set us up for verdant blooms before this month has ended.  My April front porch is ready to show the way, with plenty of fresh white flowers and a cheery purple ribbon on Flopsy, my cast iron bunny.


Easter is next week and I love the look of this wreath on my front door, so it stays for April.


The bunny flag is keeping time with the breezy days.


This month, I replaced the front porch lights with a string of Edison bulbs.  I love the look of these bulbs and in the evening they provide a warm and welcoming light for the porch.  I’ve had them for a few months and was excited to finally hang them up; they light up as lovely as I imagined.


And that is really the theme for my feelings about Spring, I think.  In the Winter, I thumb through my garden catalogs and imagine how lovely Spring will be.  Then it arrives and it’s even nicer than I imagined.  That’s happy!




No comments: