Wednesday, April 26, 2017

My Hometown

I am a regular reader of Cup of Jo and this post about hometowns got me thinking about my hometown, Clovis, California.  I left Clovis for college in 1985 (!) and though I came back for a few summers, I never lived there full time again.  I visit most years and now I have fond feelings about Clovis.  The Cup of Post got me thinking about the things I miss about my hometown and so I present, in no particular order, the things I miss about Clovis:

1.  Swimming pools.  We had one growing up and thanks to the summer heat, many other people also have pools.  From an airplane, the pools are so plentiful that it looks like everyone has a tiny postage stamp of blue in their backyard.  

2.  The many months of flip flop weather.  See pools, above…

3.  Mexican food in delicious abundance.

4.  My sister, who lives and works in our hometown, always makes me laugh, and is one of the strongest women I know.  I would love to hang out with her on a Friday night after a long work week.  

5.  My parents, who love their town.

6.  The green “Clovis Gateway to the Sierras” sign that hangs in the downtown.  I always enjoy a glimpse when I visit.


Thinking about what I miss from my hometown has me thinking about the things I liked in other places I’ve lived and that’s been a pleasing stroll down memory lane.

No comments: