Monday, April 20, 2020

Of Silver Linings......

My school has a dress code and as one of the people most often responsible for enforcing it, I feel an obligation to follow it in the first place.  As a consequence,  some of my clothing choices are dictated by the terms of the dress code.

Blue jeans are not permitted but denim skirts fall into a nebulous category.  When I worked in the Upper School, they were permitted.  But in the Middle School, some teachers believe they aren’t allowed.

Now is where I admit that while I don’t care for blue jeans, I love me a denim skirt.  I have several and they are the first thing I reach for when Spring weather seems anywhere near warm enough to warrant it.  But I am wary of wearing them at school (though I will note that the dress code currently makes no mention of them, ahem….) and though I could go an entire week in denim skirts, I confine myself to wearing one every few weeks.  

But working from home means the dress code is out the door.  And a few weeks back, I declared it to be denim skirt week.  This week is looking to repeat that theme.

Denim skirts and flip flops are my work from home dress code and you better believe that I am Ms. Compliance.  Let’s call this a silver denim lining of stay-at-home orders.

No comments: