Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Tiny House Tuesday: Brown Ceramic House

Being at home has reminded me to appreciate the little knick knacks and collections that make my house a home.  I have several collections of this sort and for the next few Tuesdays I plan to write about one of them: my tiny house collection.  All told, I have 6 small houses and though it’s not a large collection (in terms of numbers or size), I’ve had some of these houses for years and the collection always makes me smile.  Most of the houses live on the bookshelf in the living room but today’s house is safely tucked in a spot in the dining room.   


This house was made by an artist who taught at my school, Frances Mackey.  She gave it to me when she noticed that 4 year old JT liked to have small items in his pockets.  He carried it home in his pocket that day and then we put it in a safe spot.  These days, it lives between a couple of brown clay squirrels, next to a ceramics project that JT made in kindergarten.  That project is flat and has the imprint of a leaf on it and is known as “pizza rock” because that’s where we tuck money for pizza delivery.  The little brown house is charming and tucked among other beloved items, it always makes me smile.


No comments: