Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Tiny House Tuesdays: Little Green House

The little brown clay house lives in the dining room but the rest of my tiny house collection makes its home in the living room, on my book shelf.


This book shelf is one of the happiest corners of Sassafras House because books are that way for me.  This shelf has a collection of treasures; the books here have all been read at least once and have been saved because they are worth a re-read.  Over the years, I’ve added tiny decorations to the shelves.  Tucked among the books, they seem like hidden treasures to me.  Among the treasures is this wooden green house.


Of all the houses in my collection, I’ve owned this one the longest.  I bought it in my hometown when I was in college at UCLA so it is more than 30 years old. 

This kind of Cape Cod saltbox style house was not common in my corner of California.  But here in New Jersey, they are everywhere.  The style is appeals to me know at least as much as it did in the late 1980s when I first acquired it.   These days, it seems less exotic than it did at the time.  Life is that way, I suppose.

No comments: