Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Real-Life Conversations: Sign of My Advanced Age

The backstory: I'm on the phone with the dee-jay for the Prom, confirming that they will be there and discussing the music playlist I had earlier sent to them.

DJ: Do you want the radio edits of the songs?

Me: Radio edits?

DJ (speaking in the patient tone used for the simple-minded): Yes, the downloadable versions of songs are sometimes different than what can be played on the radio.

Me (suddenly snapping to attention and joining the modern era): Oh yeah....yeah (envisioning the sound of the f-bomb being dropped on the Prom in surround sound)......play the radio edits.

So much for my liberal, free-speech ways.

3 comments:

lumbab said...

LOL! I remember the look on my jr high principal's face when the cheerleaders did a routine to "Rapper's Delight" (look up the lyrics of you don't know them). After that, all songs had to be approved by the office!

Shark Butt said...

Hmm, one might think that perhaps he'd signed a contract with Playa's School O' Big Pimpin' rather than prep.

kln said...

m-dawg.

you're slacking on the lingo.