Thursday, May 10, 2007

Renaissance Woman, 21st century style

In the last 24 hours, I have:
- baked cookies
- packed the lunches
- made supper
- cleaned the kitchen (at least 3 times)
- burned 650 calories on the lovely eliptical trainer
- cut the grass
- planted some flowers and watered the garden
- washed 3 loads of laundry
- watched my son go off to supper with my ex......and wondered why she wears yellow and keeps getting the same dreadful haircut
- taught lessons on Charlemagne, the Cold War, and the American media and elections
- sat in on 3 student meetings
- read my happy book about Thrush Green
- tried on a skirt so large that it feel right off my hips (kudos to the eliptical)
- read my Newsweek and thought about presidential courage, leading me to read again the story of JFK and the Cuban Missile Crisis as told by Graham Allison
- graded some papers
- dreamt up this compelling blog entry

And still I am so behind. There are lessons to write, papers to grade, memos to polish, and the list goes on and on. I'm going camping for the weekend and I still need to pack for that trip.

But as behind as I am, it's a lovely evening and so I am taking a glass of iced tea outside to sit on the porch and smell the lilacs.

1 comment:

JAXTER said...

inhale deeply! and enjoy the camping.