Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Crisis Aversion


I returned to work today, participating in meetings that are part of our efforts to get into fighting shape for the school year. It was great to see everyone and I always love free lunch, but by 3 pm I was ready to get home, see the kittens, and work out. All summer long, I've had my workout by 10 am in the morning, working up a sweat and then spending the rest of my day feeling virtuous via my endorphin high.

10 am today found me in a meeting. But no matter, I told myself, I would work out when I got home. As soon as I got into the house, I changed into my workout clothes, stretched my muscles, and hopped on the machine. I heard a slow buzz: low batteries. Oh no! Replacement batteries were installed but the machine had a hard time starting up and I feared it was broken. Visions of such a horror overwhelmed me and I stepped off the machine for a little deep breathing.

Once again rational, if not exactly calm, I checked things out. For the reasons I don't yet understand, the machine started right up and I had my joyous reward.

All praise the eliptical.

1 comment:

Shark Butt said...

That was a nailbiter of a tale. Glad it worked out well.