Friday, December 28, 2007

Best Laid Plans

The weekend of December 15, when I should have been grading papers, I instead made Christmas and New Year's cards for various friends and family. By the end of the weekend, my cards were ready to place in the mail. To save time and avoid waiting in line, I went on-line and ordered stamps from the U.S. Postal Service. It was December 18 and I figured that the stamps would arrive in time for me to mail off my cards by the 24th at the latest.

Thus commenced my daily anxious checking of the mailbox. As my cards gathered (figurative) dust, the mailbox was empty. Finally, the stamps were delivered.

TODAY.

So the cards were stamped tonight and then JT and I took an evening walk to the mailbox down the block. If you've been waiting for a greeting from Sassafras House, be assured that the cards are on their way to points south, north, and east. And, if the post office is true to form, they should be there in mid-January.

1 comment:

Shark Butt said...

Glad your stamps finally arrived.