Saturday, December 15, 2007

Celebration Friday

Yesterday was the 2nd grade holiday show. JT played Super Badger.........an expert on Santa Claus. It was typecasting.



The parents provided finger foods for the after-show celebration and so earlier in the week JT and I cut out and frosted sugar cookies.



He was very proud of his offerings, though I worried that the cookie-to-frosting ratio was 1:1. It's a good thing that I make a thick sugar cookie.



After the show, Santa arrived to visit the children. JT tried to adopt the sophisticated veneer of not giving a darn, but he was pleased and excited to sit on Santa's lap.



It was also the day when I brought cookies to my students. Each class arrived in my room to find a cookie tray. I like to bring an impressive celebration their way, so this year's cookie tray featured:
- crispy oatmeal cookies
- molasses cookies
- peanut butter cookies with chocolate kiss
- chocolate dipped almond shortbread cookies
- rocky road fudge
- chocolate peppermint chip
- sugar cookies
- chocolate-dipped pretzels



Nothing says "it's time to learn" like cookies. Lessons began as everyone munched on a treat.

So yesterday was a day in which the mama and teacher in me were equally satisfied. It was a good day.

No comments: