Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Cape Cod Bound

Today, JT and I set off for Cape Cod and our third annual camping trip with the R-K family. The car is loaded with our tent, sleeping bags (and air mattresses.....we like a comfy camp bed), bicycles, the camp stove, toys for the beach, and other camping necessities like potato chips and cookies (Lewis and Clarke wish they had camped with us).
I love the quiet pace of life at camp: the long, lazy days; bike rides on the trail; trips to the beach to walk out on the sand bar at low tide; and the pages and pages of reading that I will complete. Though we'll be away for a few days, I've arranged for a few postings that will appear while I take a break from my daily life. And, if I can find a wireless signal, I plan to post from the Cape.

The fabulous K has promised to check in on our home and the kittens, so things in Jersey are in the most capable of hands. Cape Cod, here we come!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hope y'all found room to pack your lobster-embroidered green pants and pink Lacoste polos! Oh, and your Sperry Topsiders and madras belts!

(I'm just jealous. I wish I lived near Cape Cod so there were other people around who dressed like me during the summer.)