Monday, July 14, 2008

Magical Park


There are times when I see in my son a glimpse of myself as a child. A few days ago, our friends the C Family showed us a new playground and as soon as I saw it, I just knew that JT would be thrilled. If I were an eight year old, I would love this playground. And predictably my own eight year old was enchanted.
The playground is a little village with secret passages, places to climb, and alcoves galore. It is filled with every possible thing a child could want in a playground: sand boxes, zip lines, wooden cars, an airplane, a train, a pirate ship, turrets and even a jail. It's a place where a child's imagination can take flight.
JT and I are two different people, but one of the wonders of parenthood is finding an experience that you just know your child will love. It's lovely to find such an opportunity and then give him the time and the space to explore and enjoy himself.
Every parent should know this feeling. For me, a day like this reminds me why I wanted to be a mama in the first place.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is, hands down, the greatest playground I've ever seen. I can't believe it wasn't crawling with kids!

Shark Butt said...

That is the coolest park ever. I can't wait to visit it with you all!