Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Recertified

When JT was a baby, the frequent visits to the pediatrician were a source of both anxiety and reassurance. They caused me anxiety as I worried about my baby getting a shot (ouch!) or I fretted about whether or not he was meeting his developmental milestones. In the end, as my baby got bigger and became a toddler and then a little boy, and the monthly visits became quarterly and then yearly visits, I quit fretting and took the visits as one more piece of evidence that I had myself a healthy boy.

At the ripe old age of 8, JT takes a visit to Dr. Y in stride. He had his yearly check-up yesterday, and despite the promise of a vaccine (his last in the Hep A series), he was all casual and relaxed as he read his book (Ralph S. Mouse by Beverly Cleary) and awaited the doc.
Everything is on track and my boy is growing ----- he grew 4 ½ inches last year and is now 54 ½ inches tall. As usual, he was tickled to have his reflexes checked. He proudly explained that the broken leg from last fall doesn't cause him a speck of trouble.

Immunizations up to date. Growing like a weed. Talking a mile a minute. Looks like we've been recertified for another year of boyhood.

Bring it on.

1 comment:

Shark Butt said...

That is one tall 8 year old boy.