Thursday, April 02, 2009

Bruin Pride

I am a proud graduate of UCLA and like any good Bruin, I have raised my son on the allure of my alma mater. But we live in New Jersey and LA is rarely on the agenda when we visit California. As a consequence, JT has never made a visit to the UCLA campus. He proudly wears his shirts and roots for the Bruins when we see them on the telly; we've looked on-line at the campus. But it's not the same thing.

But where Mama has failed, Nickolodean has prevailed, hosting this year's Kid's Choice awards on-campus at UCLA in Pauley Pavilion. JT was incredibly excited to share this development with me and, more than anything I could have said, he's now smitten with the university. I can just see his college essay now: "I've wanted to go to UCLA ever since I saw Will Ferrell slide down the Slip and Slime on Janss steps the year I was 9 years old."

No doubt they'll snap up an applicant with that kind of intellectual acuity. We'll be waiting for that acceptance letter.

1 comment:

Nichole said...

Saw your twitter comment about whoopee cushion: all four of mine can't get enough of those damn things. Keeps them entertained forever.