Saturday, April 18, 2009

Real Life Conversations with JT: Don't Break My Cover Edition

The last two days have featured a glorious spring warmth and sun that has landed JT outside each afternoon. On Friday, I joined him outside, reading on the back deck. He was involved in one of his imaginary games and I was instructed to ignore him. It's a little hard to ignore your 9 year old as he runs through the yard with a collection of sticks, assaulting (or fleeing) his imaginary foes, but I did my best. And then he came behind the big tree, nearly flush with the deck, and stood there silently, less than four feet away from me. After a few minutes of him standing there in silence, I spoke to him.

Mama: Hi there.

JT: I was hiding, you know. Now they will catch me and kill me. It will be your fault.

Obviously, this incident may qualify as my most serious parenting error

3 comments:

Jason Brozek said...

Clearly, he shouldn't have pointed out that you exaggerated the threat from Iraq. There had to be backlash.

Nichole said...

I love little boys and their games, but why does someone always have to end up dead? I don't remember my friends and I ever playing a game where someone ended up dead. Boys. . . gotta love them and their testosterone.

Plegisco: newest PAC raising money for the insurance industry

Missy Brozek said...

JT is hilarious! I always find myself laughing out loud at your "real life conversations"!