Sunday, November 29, 2009

Noted

Last month, my ears never perked up to the sounds of the sort of amusing student commentary that I collect for my entertainment and amusement. But November has delivered the funny and thus I present this month's overheard commentary.

"Where did you come up with this drug?" (Lest this place my school in a poor light, I hasten to note it was said in reference to a snack item obtained from the vending machines)

"Stop licking my computer."

And a conversation:
Student X: "If we save the environment, we cannot profit from it."

Student Y: "You suck, man."

And finally, me when speaking to student Z, who violated my no smelly food in the classroom policy:
"Dude, that chalupa smells."
This line got a lot of unexpected laughter from the students.  I think that they were surprised I knew Student Z was eating a chalupa.  But I did and he was.

Also of note: My new No Taco Bell in the classroom policy.

1 comment:

Shark Butt said...

"Stop licking my computer" sounds like what I'm hearing at work these days. Though these fools haven't been inside a high school in years.