Friday, March 30, 2012

Real Life Conversations at School: Local Culture edition

The backstory:  Spring at my school brings not only romance in the back stairwell, it also features a certain amount of outdoor enthusiasm.  So it was on Wednesday, when my class and I were enjoying open windows and a conversation about political parties and interest groups when we heard a very loud scream from the outside quad.  We all paused and then the following conversation ensued.

Me:  What in the heck was that?

Student A:  That was the mating call of the North American lax bro.

For those of you not native to the northeastern prep school,  lax = lacrosse and bro = male lacrosse player……and Student A hit the nail squarely on the head.

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Made me laugh out loud... and I think I heard that scream!