Thursday, September 27, 2012

Seasonally Adjusted

We had the day off of school yesterday and though I've likely plenty to atone for, that isn't a requirement of my religious faith.  So I cleaned out my closet instead.  Mostly, this involved setting aside some t-shirts now too raggedy to wear and swapping out warm weather clothes for cooler weather fare.

My house was built in the 1930s and closet spaces reflect a less material mindset.  I do have a finished attic, however, and while two-thirds of it is given over to the boy's playroom, the remainder is a giant closet for bed linens, sweaters, and seasonal clothes.  I swap things out twice a year and yesterday was the day for the changeover.  If I were a braver woman, I would have made some pictures of the attic closet but let's just stipulate that some additional cleaning needs to happen before I get that bold.

The clothing change complete, I headed to the backyard where I took the time to review what's left of my summer garden.  On this front, I did make some pictures.  Here's a last rose.
There are still quite a few zinnias, including these brilliant pink flowers .

There were enough zinnias for a bouquet so the flowers went into my basket along with some lima beans for a supper near me quite soon.
That's happy!

No comments: